~ !? Divine Rights ?! ~
PLEASE REGISTER ON THE NEW DIINE RIGHTS FORUM:http://droits-divins.foruml.biz/
~ !? Divine Rights ?! ~
PLEASE REGISTER ON THE NEW DIINE RIGHTS FORUM:http://droits-divins.foruml.biz/
~ !? Divine Rights ?! ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ www.droits-divins.com ~

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  FranceFrance  

Parliament and Institutions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sir Gweddry

Sir Gweddry

Parliament and Institutions Empty
PostSubject: Parliament and Institutions   Parliament and Institutions EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 4:03 pm

It's a RP question...¿Have we got Parliament, with the House of Commons and the House of Lords in this England?

¿What do traditional institutions exist here?¿How do they work?
Back to top Go down
Catherine Stewart

Catherine Stewart

PostSubject: Re: Parliament and Institutions   Parliament and Institutions EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 6:20 pm

At the moment there isn't a Parliament in England. The Palace of Westminster is already created but since the game was not and is not that active yet, a Parliament is not that useful at the moment. The monarch has therefor absolute powers but the idea is that in the near future there will be a Parliament installed. Maybe you would like to help?

As the institutions are now, the living Queen Elizabeth II is our monarch. Since she is only 6-years-old, I am the Lady Regent. Maybe you could be more precise in your question about the traditional insitutions and what you want to know?
Back to top Go down
Sir Gweddry

Sir Gweddry

PostSubject: Re: Parliament and Institutions   Parliament and Institutions EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 12:59 pm

Yes, I would like to help with it, I have a lot of possible ideas...I think it can be very interesting... Very Happy

About the other traditional institutions, I asked for institutions like the Heraldry, The Army, The Navy, the Church (I have seen it's a bit different than IRL), things like universities, and other Royal institutions...

¿Have they got regulations, statutes, or things like that? ”How do they work?" Are there any important laws? Who makes the laws? I'm relatively new, and I want to know how are the institutions here and get familiar with the things ^^
Back to top Go down
Catherine Stewart

Catherine Stewart

PostSubject: Re: Parliament and Institutions   Parliament and Institutions EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 3:42 pm

Maybe you should take a visit to the Royal Library, where you are able to find the Constitution of the Kingdom of England. There you will be able to read the most important rules of the Kingdom.

First of all, you have the Royal Council, which is presided by the Sovereign of the Kingdom. Every member of the Council has his own function. Therefore the navy is under control of the Lord High Admiral, for instance. The Religion is under the direct control of the Sovereign as well.

(It's actually very much based on the IRL history, which had a Royal Council and even nowadays, the Anglican Church has Elizabeth II as the head of it.)

About the laws, you have laws of the Kingdom and laws of the County. The County of Middlesex is still the only IG county so it isn't that difficult yet. The laws of the Kingdom are made by the Royal Council and the County laws are made by the County Council, which is presided by the Earl or Countess of the County.
Back to top Go down
Sir Gweddry

Sir Gweddry

PostSubject: Re: Parliament and Institutions   Parliament and Institutions EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 12:56 pm

Thank you. Now I'm more informed ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parliament and Institutions   Parliament and Institutions Empty

Back to top Go down

Parliament and Institutions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
~ !? Divine Rights ?! ~ :: + General + :: . Questions and Answers .-
Jump to: