~ !? Divine Rights ?! ~
PLEASE REGISTER ON THE NEW DIINE RIGHTS FORUM:http://droits-divins.foruml.biz/
~ !? Divine Rights ?! ~
PLEASE REGISTER ON THE NEW DIINE RIGHTS FORUM:http://droits-divins.foruml.biz/
~ !? Divine Rights ?! ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ www.droits-divins.com ~

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  FranceFrance  

Activity rate in the game

Go down 
+5
Frits Frederic
Charles-Edouard
Estro
Ariane_du_Faix
Robrecht Samuel
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Robrecht Samuel
Admin

Activity rate in the game Empty
PostSubject: Activity rate in the game   Activity rate in the game EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 10:06 am

Fellow Players of Divine Rights

As you can see there isn’t much activity in the game, which is strange because the game can be quite fun to play. It has a lot of features around which an RP can be built. I don’t really know what’s holding players back to RP in the game, but I think I may have found some issues that have to be tackled.

First of all I think we’re going in circles, a lack of players induces a lack of RP, and a lack of RP is driving the players away from the game.

Second, I think the game isn’t accessible enough. I don’t mean the servers or the game itself, but the structure of the kingdom of England. If you look at the positions that are taken, then you see that it’s not very accessible to new players. You have a queen and regent who do RP in the castle. I'm not trying to bring those people down, they're needed, but not easy to RP. Nobody enters the castle in RP, because it’s not done. A castle and queen are protected so you can’t just walk in and say hi, I’m here. So you have to have a reason to enter the castle and RP, but you have to know the persons to find such a reason. That’s difficult to do.

You also have other RP’s going on like a town walk, or playing a game, but those things are a little bit further away from the game. Your personage in the game and I have noticed that those things are less popular because most people have a competitive drive and they want to succeed in the game by reaching goals, like becoming someone important in the game.

So I may have found an RP, which is consistent with the RP and I hope it can stimulate activity. This thing is the parliament, namely the House of Common. We have a matter of a Queen who is too young to rule and a regent who has fallen ill, so those things can be discussed by the parliament. At the moment there are few players, so we can call for a “referendum” where all people can give their opinion. This won’t be a large group I suppose, but as it grows we can introduce elections for representatives.

What do you think about this matter? State your opinion as a player of DD!
Back to top Go down
Ariane_du_Faix

Ariane_du_Faix

PostSubject: Re: Activity rate in the game   Activity rate in the game EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 12:23 am

Hello, I come to you in order to know the name of that or that with which I owe m' to address as a Foreign Minister of France. Thank you

PS: Please excuse the bad quality of my English.
Back to top Go down
Robrecht Samuel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Activity rate in the game   Activity rate in the game EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 9:24 am

Thanks for letting me know who we can contact for diplomatic relations with France in the future. I'm the Regent of England, Scotland and Ireland for the time being. At the moment we don't have a Officer of Foreign affairs, but we will have one in the near future. At the moment you can contact me.

Merci de vous presenter en anglais. Je suis le Régent d'Angleterre, d'Écosse et d'Irlande. A ce moment, nous n'avons pas un ministre des Affaires étrangères, mais dans la avenir proche il va changer. Pour le moment vous pouvez me contacter.
Back to top Go down
Estro

PostSubject: Re: Activity rate in the game   Activity rate in the game EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 12:49 pm

Greetings fellow players.

As this is an "out of role play" forum, I will take the opportunity to present myself as a player
My name is Eduardo Cabral, I am a Portuguese from the Azores. I like RP games, but sometimes time is short to allow me to get involved as I would like.

Three main things that keep the game slow as it is:
- Lack of players
- Players with lack of time
- Lack of knowledge of what is Role play and how it is done

To tell you the truth, I have no idea how to solve those issues. I invite friends, but most of them either don't speak English or French, don't know what is RP, or both. Some do, and say the game looks interesting but have no time for it.
Back to top Go down
Ariane_du_Faix

Ariane_du_Faix

PostSubject: Re: Activity rate in the game   Activity rate in the game EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 11:27 am

Merci de ces information.

Le royaume de France souhaite établir des relations avec votre royaume et permettre des échanges tout autant amicaux que fructueux.

Je ne sais de quelle manière vous souhaitez que nous fassions, aussi je vous laisse faire des propositions en ce sens.

Je reste à votre écoute

Thank you for this information.

The kingdom of France wishes to establish relations with your kingdom and to allow exchanges as much friendly than profitable.

I do not know how you wish that we make, also I let to you make proposals in this direction.

I remain with your listening
Back to top Go down
Ariane_du_Faix

Ariane_du_Faix

PostSubject: Re: Activity rate in the game   Activity rate in the game EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 3:46 am

Hello some body can speak for England ???
Back to top Go down
Estro

PostSubject: Re: Activity rate in the game   Activity rate in the game EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 4:32 am

Ariane_du_Faix wrote:
Hello some body can speak for England ???

This is not a Role Play forum.

Address Robrecht as Lord Protector in the Palace of Westminster forum, where are located the Royal Court of England as well as the Parliament.
Thank you

Sorry, bad French

---

Ce n'est pas un forum de jeu de rôles.

Adresse Robrecht tant que Lord Protecteur au Palais de Westminster forum, où se trouvent la Cour Royale d'Angleterre ainsi que le Parlement.
Je vous remercie.

Désolé, mauvais français
Back to top Go down
Ariane_du_Faix

Ariane_du_Faix

PostSubject: Re: Activity rate in the game   Activity rate in the game EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 11:26 am

Merci, mon anglais n'est pas non plus d'un grand niveau Very Happy

Thank's, my english is not very good either Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Charles-Edouard

PostSubject: Re: Activity rate in the game   Activity rate in the game EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 4:43 am

I am writing in this topic because i've just seen that all the council of England is paused.
This is really unacceptable! Robrecht, do you maybe have know some way to contact them?

I Think that, if we want to revive this city, we will need rules... Noone wants an inactive Earl!
Back to top Go down
Frits Frederic

Frits Frederic

PostSubject: Re: Activity rate in the game   Activity rate in the game EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 11:26 am

It's unacceptable indeed! Nothing happens here in London and I want to see change that. We have a lot of opportunities but nobody is motivated to accept, or -and that is the real problem I think- take that opportunities on! We have to change the inactive persons for more active people, who really want to see England growing and become as powerfull as our eastern neighbours!

C'est inacceptable à mon avis! Rien ne se passe à Londres et je veux que cela change au plus vite. Nous avons beaucoup de possibilités à exploiter mais personne ne semble être motivé, ou -et je pense que cela est réel problème- ne veut assumer sa charge! Nous avons à changer les inactifs pour des gens plus motivés et actifs, qui veulent vraiment faire de l'Angleterre une puissance comme nos voisins français.
Back to top Go down
galeswinthe

galeswinthe

PostSubject: Re: Activity rate in the game   Activity rate in the game EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 1:11 am

Bah dites donc tous les deux vous avez mangé du lion ?

Wow both of you have eaten the lion ? tongue
Back to top Go down
http://droits-divins.foruml.biz/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&a
Sir Gweddry

Sir Gweddry

PostSubject: Re: Activity rate in the game   Activity rate in the game EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 5:48 pm

Frits Frederic wrote:
It's unacceptable indeed! Nothing happens here in London and I want to see change that. We have a lot of opportunities but nobody is motivated to accept, or -and that is the real problem I think- take that opportunities on! We have to change the inactive persons for more active people, who really want to see England growing and become as powerfull as our eastern neighbours!

C'est inacceptable à mon avis! Rien ne se passe à Londres et je veux que cela change au plus vite. Nous avons beaucoup de possibilités à exploiter mais personne ne semble être motivé, ou -et je pense que cela est réel problème- ne veut assumer sa charge! Nous avons à changer les inactifs pour des gens plus motivés et actifs, qui veulent vraiment faire de l'Angleterre une puissance comme nos voisins français.

I agree with you. And I could write letters to the citizens asking for people interesed in replacing the vacant positions. I suppose we need Heralds, soldiers, merchants, and priests. I think we should try to occupy the "IG" positions and ranks, like the council and the heraldry, and then, recruit people for the "RP" ranks and positions. What do you think about this?
Back to top Go down
Frits Frederic

Frits Frederic

PostSubject: Re: Activity rate in the game   Activity rate in the game EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 1:11 am

Not a bad idea sir. The Regent gave me the task of Lord High Chancellor, and I'll search ambassadors. But that's not a priority for now, we have, as you said, to fill the empty places in the IG community. If you want, we can collaborate to think about the letters we have to write to our citizens.
Back to top Go down
Sir Gweddry

Sir Gweddry

PostSubject: Re: Activity rate in the game   Activity rate in the game EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 8:25 am

You could present a "prototype" letter, and then, we can discuss about that just here. When we have finish this task, I can send the letter to all the citizens =)

However, I have seen active people in these forums, and I think that they are suitable for positions of this type. Galeswinthe is a good example. If she is interested...

PD: I have some you basic knowledge of heraldic and “photoshop”. I could help with that too, but I prefer that somebody else takes that position. I'm Mayor, and I don't like monopolizing positions. But, if nobody else is interested...
Back to top Go down
Frits Frederic

Frits Frederic

PostSubject: Re: Activity rate in the game   Activity rate in the game EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 8:52 am

It shall be done. Hopefully, I've got more time to do that this week-end. I agree with your idea to propose at the active members on the forum some RP and IG tasks. Nevertheless, I think we have to wait for a decision taken by the Regent Robrecht himself, we are only his humble servants... The final choice decision will be decided by him. Next, I also think we have to take care about who we give a such important task... You understand, we don't need to have some uninterested people, who only come for fame and glory.

About your proposal for the heraldry, why not! People like you are rare, but for now it's not the most important thing to do I think... Because we don't have any nobles around us! ;-)
Back to top Go down
Charles-Edouard

PostSubject: Re: Activity rate in the game   Activity rate in the game EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 6:35 am

I have had some high positions in the council of the Islands of Guernesey... I guess I could find the time to help in the first time... Making new laws etc!
Back to top Go down
Frits Frederic

Frits Frederic

PostSubject: Re: Activity rate in the game   Activity rate in the game EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 8:51 am

I've to ask you, in the name of the English crown, to think your transfer to the Isles of Guernesey over milord... Indeed it's your own and personnal choice, but we need people here in England and if all our active persons went to other locations, we won't get further.
I thank you nevertheless for the fact that you stay here for some time, but as I said, think your transfer over before you go...
Back to top Go down
Robrecht Samuel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Activity rate in the game   Activity rate in the game EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 10:34 am

Wow, where was the explosion??

I'm very happy to see that people are becoming active in England. I just love that. A while ago I have asked for people to join the Royal Council, but no response has come so far, so I was very happy to see that Frits Frederic was interested in a position. I thought of giving up the whole idea of reviving England, but now I see that there may be a future for England!

Please send a simple letter stating what you could do for England and I may be able to give it to you, if nobody else has taken the position already. Maybe I can give an overview of the positions.

Heraldry: all positions vacant (the IG Heraldry doesn't work, but there is need for an RP-Heraldry and as soon as it gets fixed an IG Heraldry)

Royal Council:
  • Lord High Treasurer: The Lord High Treasurer is the third of the Great officers of State, and therefore the third Regent of the Kingdom.
    He is in charge of the finances of the Kingdom, as well as the Royal Treasury.
  • Lord President of the Council: The Lord High President is the fourth of the Great Officers of State, and therefore the fourth Regent of the Kingdom.
    He presides the House of Lords, in the Sovereign’s name.
  • Lord Privy Seal: The Lord Privy Seal is the fifth of the Great Officers of State and therefore the fifth Regent of the Kingdom.
    He presides the House of Commons in the Sovereign’s name.
  • Lord Great Chamberlain: The Lord Great Chamberlain is the sixth of the Great Officers of State and therefore the sixth Regent of the Kingdom.
    He’s in charge of the Royal Palace, the Palace of Whitehall.
  • Lord High Constable: The Lord High Constable is the seventh of the Great Officers of State and therefore the seventh Regent of the Kingdom.
    He’s in charge of the armies of the Kingdom of England (not the Navy).
  • Earl Marshal: The Earl Marshal is the eight of the Great Officers of State and therefore the eight Regent of the Kingdom.
    He’s in charge of the Sovereign’s horses and stables.

Holy positions: I need someone to contact the Pope to see what can be arranged. England is RP not subject to the Pope, but IG it stays subject to the Pope...
Back to top Go down
Charles-Edouard

PostSubject: Re: Activity rate in the game   Activity rate in the game EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 5:23 am

Frits Frederic wrote:
I've to ask you, in the name of the English crown, to think your transfer to the Isles of Guernesey over milord... Indeed it's your own and personnal choice, but we need people here in England and if all our active persons went to other locations, we won't get further.
I thank you nevertheless for the fact that you stay here for some time, but as I said, think your transfer over before you go...

I dont want to go there Wink I just told that I've been there a long time ago and made some experience in a council.

Robrecht, we are only talking about RP positions, am I right? Because there is no prosecutor and judge?

Charles-Edouard could be Earl Marshal, Prosecutor, Judge or Lord High Treasurer... But I / C-E got the most experience being Prosecutor.
Back to top Go down
Frits Frederic

Frits Frederic

PostSubject: Re: Activity rate in the game   Activity rate in the game EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 5:29 am

Then there was a misunderstanding between us Milord. I'm pleased to see that you will stay here!
Back to top Go down
galeswinthe

galeswinthe

PostSubject: Re: Activity rate in the game   Activity rate in the game EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 5:30 am

Je ne maitrise pas la langue anglaise mais il me semble qu'il y a eu mauvaise interprétation quant aux paroles de Charles Edouard monsieur Frits Frederic.

I have not mastered the English language but it seems that there has been misinterpretation regarding the words of Sir Charles Edward Fried
Back to top Go down
galeswinthe

galeswinthe

PostSubject: Re: Activity rate in the game   Activity rate in the game EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 5:32 am

Et comme je mets un temps fou à traduire vous avez déja répondu Razz

Pfffffffffffffffff
Back to top Go down
Frits Frederic

Frits Frederic

PostSubject: Re: Activity rate in the game   Activity rate in the game EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 5:48 am

Ne vous inquiétez pas Milady. Vous pourrez parler le français avec moi si cela vous est plus facile. Je n'ai plus pris la peine de le traduire dans les deux langues puisque je pensais que vous le pratiquiez suffisamment. Je veillerai à le faire la prochaine fois. Bien entendu, que sur ce sujet là, je ne pourrai pas traduire dans les deux langues toutes mes annonces, rapports, etc... Ce serait de la folie! N'est ce pas? Smile
Back to top Go down
galeswinthe

galeswinthe

PostSubject: Re: Activity rate in the game   Activity rate in the game EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 6:00 am

Mais non ne changez point vos habitudes ! Je m'adapte... D'accord un peu lentement mais surement Wink

(Par contre pour mes RP j'ai abandonné le massacre !)
Back to top Go down
Frits Frederic

Frits Frederic

PostSubject: Re: Activity rate in the game   Activity rate in the game EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 6:04 am

Je vous comprends, je dois m'habituer aussi pour ma part... Je suis ravi de me retrouver en France pour discuter avec les ambassadeurs. C'est bien plus évident de parler le français de temps à autre. Mais ça me permettra d'autant plus de rafraichir mon anglais un peu!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Activity rate in the game   Activity rate in the game Empty

Back to top Go down

Activity rate in the game
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next