~ !? Divine Rights ?! ~
PLEASE REGISTER ON THE NEW DIINE RIGHTS FORUM:http://droits-divins.foruml.biz/
~ !? Divine Rights ?! ~
PLEASE REGISTER ON THE NEW DIINE RIGHTS FORUM:http://droits-divins.foruml.biz/
~ !? Divine Rights ?! ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ www.droits-divins.com ~

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  FranceFrance  

Meeting of the common people of England

Go down 
+4
Alexander
Estro
Alyssa
Robrecht Samuel
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Robrecht Samuel
Admin

Meeting of the common people of England Empty
PostSubject: Meeting of the common people of England   Meeting of the common people of England EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 7:27 am

Robrecht has entered the palace through the palace gates. It was pretty warm outside, but inside the palace it’s rather chilly. He walks through different hallways and passages. He enters a newly decorated chamber. ‘This is where it will happen.’

He walks through the room and sits at the end. He reads one final time through his papers, hoping that many people will react and come to the meeting.
Back to top Go down
Alyssa

Alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the common people of England   Meeting of the common people of England EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 1:50 pm

Having received a letter for a meeting, Alyssa decided to come and see what is was about.
When she arrived she noticed she was the first except for one person.
Not knowing him she started looking around and hoped more would come.
Back to top Go down
Estro

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the common people of England   Meeting of the common people of England EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 3:07 pm

Estro having received a letter from Robrecht Spencer, about a public meeting in Westminster Hall, calls for a carriage and heads there.
Up on arrival a steward direct him to the meeting hall, where he finds Spencer himself and Miss Alyssa, whom he knows from some works she had done for him in the past.

Greetings Spencer... Miss Alyssa... - He salutes them, adding a slight head bow

Spencer, what is this about? What exactly do you have in mind ? - He asks, waiting for a reply

Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the common people of England   Meeting of the common people of England EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 3:29 pm

Alexander followed swiftly after the new Regent and took seat in the meeting hall, looking at the people who were already there, and those who were yet to come.
Back to top Go down
Tisha

Tisha

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the common people of England   Meeting of the common people of England EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 2:36 am

Tisha enters softly in the Westminster Hall. She holds the letter in her hands.
As she aproaches the meeting room she hear voices
. I must be late, she thinks.
Opens the door and steps in. Smiles and waves to everyone then looks forward to hear the thinks that will be discussed here today.
Back to top Go down
KlmGeo

KlmGeo

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the common people of England   Meeting of the common people of England EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 4:17 am

Klm enter and welcomed all present

took a step forward and speak

My dear friends ,this game is beautiful but is completely devoid of action .
Basically ,we just eat ,work and that's all Laughing
I do not understand not develop armies,weapons.Raising armies will generate more consumption of products from market . An army needs good weapons so we need and blacksmiths,etc
I think the life of a city will be more animated by the presence of armed
This is my opinion
Back to top Go down
Robrecht Samuel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the common people of England   Meeting of the common people of England EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 9:11 am

Robrecht sees that a lot of people enter the room. He's very happy to see that there still are a lot of people interested in politics. He hears a lot of questions and comments.

Spencer, what is this about? What exactly do you have in mind ?

My dear friends ,this game is beautiful but is completely devoid of action .
Basically ,we just eat ,work and that's all Laughing
I do not understand not develop armies,weapons.Raising armies will generate more consumption of products from market . An army needs good weapons so we need and blacksmiths,etc
I think the life of a city will be more animated by the presence of armed
This is my opinion

Robrecht raises from his seat and walks to the front of the room. He steps on the speakers chair.

Dear citizens of England. First of all I want to thank you all for coming to the first meeting here in this beautiful palace. I think England has to deal with some issues at the moment, but before I elaborate on those things I think I need to explain more about the current structure of England, which will be our the starting point.

England is an independent Nation, together with Scotland and Ireland. It is ruled by Queen Elisabeth I of England. Because of her young age, a Regent needs to be appointed. The Regent is being assisted in his/her duties by the Royal Council. The Royal Council exists out of a number of Great Officers of State appointed by the Queen. Those people help the regent in certain duties like Diplomacy, Finances of the Kingdom, the military and so on. This structure is created and is working fine, except for the lack of Great Officers.

The Kingdom is divided in different counties (at the moment only one, namely Middlesex). Each county is ruled by a Governor. The governor is responsible for the order in and the finances of his county. He can appoint a judge, a prosecutor, an advisor in finance and a councilor of people. He’s responsible for the welfare of his county. The governor has to ensure that the laws of the Kingdom, the decisions of the Queen (and Royal Council) and his decisions are followed.

In each county there are different cities (only one in Middlesex, namely London). Each city is responsible for the protection of the city, the economy and market in the city, and the welfare of the people in the city. I have heard from our Lord Mayor Marco that the city of London is doing well financially, so I hope he keeps up the good work.

After this short introduction, we’re gathered here in the palace to discuss recent matters in England. First of all, I don’t really have a legal claim on the Regency of England, nor on the Regency of Middlesex, because the queen is too young to make a proper judgment. That’s why I want to create the Parliament, which should have the legislative power of England. Elections are a waste of time and resources at the moment, because there is a lack of people in England, so all people can have a seat in the House of Common. All people here in this room, who don’t have a title of nobility or have a seat in the Royal Council can be seen as representatives of the people of England.

The House of Lords can’t be opened because of the lack of nobility in England.

Our first job as a parliament is ensuring the legal basis of this parliament in England. We need to adapt the constitution so our Parliament can create laws. Secondly, we need to look for a Regent of England, who has the support of the Young Queen of England and the support of the Parliament. So (s)he can start setting out a Royal Council, creating diplomatic connections with France and the Pope, ensuring that a army is set up. Thirdly, we need to rethink our tax system and give the Lord Mayor the right to raise taxes, when needed. (The Kingdom needs money to create an army, which will be raised through the counties and cities.)

Does anyone have remarks, comments on this way of working? Maybe other tasks who need to be done? Who will take initiative in each of the projects at hand? Please come to the front and state your opinion.

Robrecht feels thirsty and waves to a servant for a glass of water.
Back to top Go down
Sir Gweddry

Sir Gweddry

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the common people of England   Meeting of the common people of England EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 10:01 am

Gweddry had received a letter notifying him on this important meeting. He was doing already a time that was not going out of his lands and was confined in solitary confinement in that old castle of the north.

Nevertheless, the letter called his attention, and he believed that this meeting needed his presence, as witness and participant. He took his horse, the sword and his father shield, and suddenly galloped to London, where the royal palaces and the most honourable institutions. Fully of hope for the new beggining, where he was in front the Palace of Wetminster, he descended from his horse, and went where other men and women were. Gweddry listen Robrecht's words and then he said:

-I agree with you, Sir Robrecht. We have to change England, and we must restore the Parliament!. A country without law isn't a good country. It is our duty to establish the bases of a legal system that serves for the next generations.

If the Regent is ill, and she cannot exercise the regency, we, like Parliment, should replace her. We must not fall down in the indifference and ignore these facts...
Back to top Go down
Estro

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the common people of England   Meeting of the common people of England EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 12:21 pm

Estro listens to Spencer's words and Gweddry's support and applauds...

Ear here! - He exclaims.

My dear fellows, although I am not Englishman by birth I am by soul. It would be a shame to let this great country disappear due to the lack of activity of it's citizens.
Spencer said he had no legal claim to the regency, so I propose the following motion...
This assembly, not yet a parliament, should vote Robrecht Samuel Spencer as Lord Protector of the United Kingdoms of England, Scotland and Ireland, and charge him with the task of Creating a Parliament.

I vote, Yea!

And he seats back waiting for further comments...
Back to top Go down
Robrecht Samuel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the common people of England   Meeting of the common people of England EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 2:32 am

Robrecht is happy that people are starting to respond to his plea. He still hopes that more people will react to his plea. He looks around and sees that people are starting to chat to their neighbours.

More comments? Anyone?

Robrecht looks around in search of someone who wants to add to the debate.
Back to top Go down
Elise

Elise

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the common people of England   Meeting of the common people of England EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 8:34 am

Elise was bored, and the castle was so empty at this time. She had bear (her teddy bear) with her and they left to look for people. One of the servants knew that most of the people would be no win the palace of westminster. A lot of the staff went there too to prepare things for a meeting or something. So she brought the little queen there. As she went trough a door she saw a lot of people. She was used to be around lots of people she didn't know so she just walked trough them looking for somebody she knew. Bear at the other hand was a little scared so she held him close to her
Back to top Go down
Sir Gweddry

Sir Gweddry

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the common people of England   Meeting of the common people of England EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:19 am

He heard the steps of a girl walking across the corridors of the castle. He smiled.

More comments? Anyone?-Robrecht said, looking around in search of someone who wants to add to the meeting, and suddenly Gweddry exclaimed:

-If nobody has anything more to add, I think we should continue, and beginning to design a few basic bylaws for the Parliament.
Back to top Go down
Estro

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the common people of England   Meeting of the common people of England EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 3:10 pm

The young Queen entered the room while Gweddry was speaking, Estro stood up bowed to the Queen and proceeded with a reply to Gweddry.

Sir, I believe I made a proposal! Without a leader this Parliament will never sustain itself.
Do you agree on nominating Spencer Lord Protector ? Or do you want the position yourself ?
Unless... Of course... Her Majesty has a proposal of her own?

And moved around the room, placing himself near the young Queen in a way that was not to obvious, so he thought.
Back to top Go down
Sir Gweddry

Sir Gweddry

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the common people of England   Meeting of the common people of England EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 1:30 pm

-I agree with your proposal too.-said Gweddry.
Back to top Go down
Robrecht Samuel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the common people of England   Meeting of the common people of England EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 6:22 am

Robrecht listens to the comments of the two men, when the Young Queen makes her appearance. At first he’s a little bit shocked, but then he walks to the Queen.

What are you doing here Your Highness? You need to be at the Palace of Whitehall. Who brought you here?

After putting the Queen in a chair next to him, he speaks to the crowd.

I’ll now withdraw to my rooms and start working on a new constitution which can help England. Anyone interested in working with me follow me.
Robrecht looks at the Queen and offers his hand.

Back to top Go down
Elise

Elise

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the common people of England   Meeting of the common people of England EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 7:04 am

ELise looked a bit surprised when Estro askes her if she has any proposals.She just entered she had no idea what they were talking about but she assumed the proposal could be about anything.

I don't, but sir bear says there should be more cookies in the palace.

Then Robrecht comes to her, saying that she should be in the palace.

But it's broing in the palace now, nobody is there

Then she is put on a chair, it's clear to her she had to wait there. But that wasn't so bad, there were lots of people in the room that she and sir bear could look at to keep them busy. Not much later he offers her a hand. She stands up again, takes the hand and holds sir bear close with the other hand
Back to top Go down
Estro

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the common people of England   Meeting of the common people of England EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 8:00 am

Estro smiles at the young Queen, and replied, seeing that She was already holding Spencer's hand.

Ma'am, I was saying that we should place Spencer in charge of things, even arranging for some more cookies for "Sir Bear". It seems that our friend Sir Gweddry also agrees with me. Unless, Your Majesty prefers someone else.

Not expecting the Queen to say no, he continued.

Since no one else has objections I hereby declare Robrecht Samuel Spencer as Lord Protector of the United Kingdoms of England, Scotland and Ireland.

Sir, We await your command!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the common people of England   Meeting of the common people of England Empty

Back to top Go down

Meeting of the common people of England
Page 1 of 1