~ www.droits-divins.com ~

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  FranceFrance  

Share | 

[RP] Once Upon a Pub

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sullivan

PostSubject: [RP] Once Upon a Pub   Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:49 am

His head ached. Better yet, it felt as though his skull had played host to a cavalry charge. At least the barkeep had sworn at him in the finest Cockney English. The strange chatter of the French men and ladies who had jostled him for what seemed like the last couple days rang fresh between his ears. However he had ended up in Reims still baffled him, and there was no answer as to how he was now back in England. A dream, maybe, but it felt real, and smelled all too natural. Not like dreams,which rarely ever smell.

That must have been one fine ale, Sullivan muttered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sullivan

PostSubject: Re: [RP] Once Upon a Pub   Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:35 pm

After brushing himself off, Sullivan takes a look around. The dim light of the late evening covers the alleyway in deep shadow. He sniffs the air, immediately curling his nostrils

Ah, yes, rank enough to the right, and with the Sun at my face that means I'm north of the Thames. I guess if I want to get some rest tonight I ought see what's happenin' at the dockside. Iff'n I cannot find me a warm bed at the brothel, I guess then I'd hafta settle for a cold one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sullivan

PostSubject: Re: [RP] Once Upon a Pub   Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:10 am

The spray of sea-air clung to his body and he awoke in a chill. The first light of morning was greeted by the calls of gulls.

Ah, yes. He shook the sand from his cloak I almost had forgotten. Pulling a damp parchment from a canister Oh blast, what day is it again? Mother already has threatened that I shall be lucky to walk if I don't get this delivered on time. Why I must do such mundane work is beyond me. The house courier would have worked splendidly for such a task. Well, at least the writing hasn't washed off. Tucks the parchment back in the canister Oh well, at least the task has gotten me out from the tedium of guests and formal parties and into the open spaces. She's been so fussy after father's death about this matter of "ensuring out place". I guess it'll be up to the Herald of Arms and the King of Arms to decide on that matter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sullivan

PostSubject: Re: [RP] Once Upon a Pub   Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:19 am

Before he could take his tea, Sullivan found himself stumbling about as though hit by blindness. He could hear the sea waves crash about near to where he was, but it was as though they were a long-way off, but he knew he still stood on the shore. He groped around to find something to hold onto, but found only a coarse, thick-skinned hand. The man spoke to him in a gentle, calm voice.

Sullivan, Sullivan, do not fear. Truthfully you have not been brought this far simply by errand of your mother. While she thought that earthly status would make you secure, these things do not last. I have come as you are called to inherit a fortune much greater than status as a nobleman of this earth. If only you will be willing to renounce your claims to worldly fortune and status you will find reward much greater in the life beyond...

Sullivan shuddered. He felt unclean. As a man who tends to the dirtiest of tasks he felt his wrongdoings clinging to himself. But when this man spoke, all he felt was peace.

What, sir Sullivan asked in a quivering, broken voice must I do to gain what you have offered to me?

A short silence and then the voice replied

Enter and seek forgiveness. Reject wealth and it's pursuit and serve him who created all things.

As Sullivan lifted his head, his sight was restored. Before him was not the seashore, but the tall towers and buttresses of St. George's Cathedral.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [RP] Once Upon a Pub   

Back to top Go down

[RP] Once Upon a Pub
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
~ !? Divine Rights ?! ~ :: + Middlesex County + :: . London .-
Jump to: