~ !? Divine Rights ?! ~
PLEASE REGISTER ON THE NEW DIINE RIGHTS FORUM:http://droits-divins.foruml.biz/
~ !? Divine Rights ?! ~
PLEASE REGISTER ON THE NEW DIINE RIGHTS FORUM:http://droits-divins.foruml.biz/
~ !? Divine Rights ?! ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ www.droits-divins.com ~

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  FranceFrance  

Who want to buy dish?

Go down 
+11
Rudess
Christopher
Eshokhlah
psibomber
malius
Emaleigh
Lilias McPherson
wittydoll
Acc3p7
Oduan
Wolfkid
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eshokhlah

Eshokhlah

Who want to buy dish? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who want to buy dish?   Who want to buy dish? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 3:51 am

have we lost our butchers?
Back to top Go down
Logun

PostSubject: Re: Who want to buy dish?   Who want to buy dish? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 5:32 am

I'm still here, I just lost my workshop Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eshokhlah

Eshokhlah

PostSubject: Re: Who want to buy dish?   Who want to buy dish? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 1:33 am

lol isn't it attatched to the back of your house? did you drink too much and go into the wrong house?
Back to top Go down
Logun

PostSubject: Re: Who want to buy dish?   Who want to buy dish? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 6:44 am

It's AWOL Very Happy
I'm going to lvl up to lvl 3 in 2-4 days, see if it re-appears then.
Back to top Go down
Tisha

Tisha

PostSubject: Re: Who want to buy dish?   Who want to buy dish? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 8:34 am

Good luck Logun
Back to top Go down
Rudess

PostSubject: Re: Who want to buy dish?   Who want to buy dish? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 3:18 am

Look in this link:
http://droits-divins.com/jeu/travail.php

I hope it works as Trisha suggested
Back to top Go down
Logun

PostSubject: Re: Who want to buy dish?   Who want to buy dish? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 10:47 am

Think it did, I managed to get workshop screen up anyway but already took job.

I'll try tommorrow as I have plenty of ingredients ready to go. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rudess

PostSubject: Re: Who want to buy dish?   Who want to buy dish? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 2:41 pm

Fine lol!
Back to top Go down
Tisha

Tisha

PostSubject: Re: Who want to buy dish?   Who want to buy dish? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 3:39 am

yeee...Good luck.
I never eat a dish so I'll gladly taste one when you'll have plenty for sale Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Logun

PostSubject: Re: Who want to buy dish?   Who want to buy dish? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 10:40 am

We are in business! Very Happy

Hares with cream going up daily for the next 6 days until I run our of mushrooms.
Back to top Go down
Rudess

PostSubject: Re: Who want to buy dish?   Who want to buy dish? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 7:28 am

Logun wrote:
We are in business! Very Happy

Hares with cream going up daily for the next 6 days until I run our of mushrooms.

So, next issue for newl residents in London: Lets go to the forest in search of mushrooms bounce
Back to top Go down
Tisha

Tisha

PostSubject: Re: Who want to buy dish?   Who want to buy dish? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 1:25 pm

Yes, sending them in forest is good, but there is a way to see the name of the newest players so someone can take care of them and explain them the first steps of the game ?
Back to top Go down
Rudess

PostSubject: Re: Who want to buy dish?   Who want to buy dish? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 2:43 pm

Tisha wrote:
Yes, sending them in forest is good, but there is a way to see the name of the newest players so someone can take care of them and explain them the first steps of the game ?
I think it is only possible through the city council. So lets wait til the elections and we'll start with the job
Back to top Go down
Robrecht Samuel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Who want to buy dish?   Who want to buy dish? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 3:19 pm

Robrecht walks through the town gates after a very long vacation. He sees people talking and waves at them.

Hello, I was on holiday for a long time. Now I'm ready to start my life here again, but I need some dishes that give me "puissance". Can somebody make them for me? I'm really starving."

Robrecht waits till the people answer.
Back to top Go down
Logun

PostSubject: Re: Who want to buy dish?   Who want to buy dish? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 11:43 pm

I put one on the market every day, but I'm now running very low on mushrooms.
Back to top Go down
ballantine

PostSubject: Re: Who want to buy dish?   Who want to buy dish? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 1:12 pm

Maybe we can try to put up a turn-based mushroom picking (and also hunting and fishing) system to help the local dish-makers Wink
Back to top Go down
Rudess

PostSubject: Re: Who want to buy dish?   Who want to buy dish? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 11:02 am

ballantine wrote:
Maybe we can try to put up a turn-based mushroom picking (and also hunting and fishing) system to help the local dish-makers Wink

I can put dishes in the market (the City has a few) and also products to do them, except mushrooms (bolets) because we don't have any. But the Council is selling cabbages (choux), anchovies and wine to do anchovies in escabeche that give thought points. I have to recommend anyone to go picking mushrooms. We really need them in the city.
Back to top Go down
Logun

PostSubject: Re: Who want to buy dish?   Who want to buy dish? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 6:00 pm

So true, I'm down to my last one. Sad

Slightly off topic, the prices for everything are going through the roof.

Example, there's a 16p mushroom on the market right now I could buy but I'm not going to.
All it'll do is raise inflation and justify the overcharging to the muppet who's obviously looking for a quick buck.

Not mentioning any names, but in order to advance myself this past week I've paid double what I paid 3-4 months ago for certain goods.

Not going to happen anymore, I'd rather sit here and let them stagnate on the market than put undeserved cash into some pockets.
If I pay more I'm going to charge more for my products and so on, etc, etc until we get to the stage the newer folk haven't got a charge of affording anything..

I have a few power dishes put aside which I could seriously get paid on but they aren't going on the market.
I'm not paying double price for their goods and selling mine at normal prices (always the same buyers).

There's a few names I recognise here from 'another world' and I think are behind it.

Stop, don't ruin this as well.
Back to top Go down
Rudess

PostSubject: Re: Who want to buy dish?   Who want to buy dish? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 12:46 am

Logun wrote:
So true, I'm down to my last one. Sad

Slightly off topic, the prices for everything are going through the roof.

Example, there's a 16p mushroom on the market right now I could buy but I'm not going to.
All it'll do is raise inflation and justify the overcharging to the muppet who's obviously looking for a quick buck.

Not mentioning any names, but in order to advance myself this past week I've paid double what I paid 3-4 months ago for certain goods.

Not going to happen anymore, I'd rather sit here and let them stagnate on the market than put undeserved cash into some pockets.
If I pay more I'm going to charge more for my products and so on, etc, etc until we get to the stage the newer folk haven't got a charge of affording anything..

I have a few power dishes put aside which I could seriously get paid on but they aren't going on the market.
I'm not paying double price for their goods and selling mine at normal prices (always the same buyers).

There's a few names I recognise here from 'another world' and I think are behind it.

Stop, don't ruin this as well.

I think you should wait. You can make an agreement with the Council and afterwards I will provide you with cheaper products to let you produce dishes at good prices. The one who was selling the mushroom at 16 pounds was the City Council and I didn't wanted to take prices to the roof, so please send me a private and we will make an agreement. But by the moment we don't have any more mushrooms.
The city is selling baskets (pioches) wich are very useful to go picking mushrooms. Using them it is possible to obtain up to 4 mushrroms in one day (depends in the level of dexterity, I think.

I think we should open a thread to see wich prices are fair for every one in order to try to set a fixed list of prices for the sellings and purchases from the Council. I have to say that the Council also needs money to pay the cost of the jobs in the militia and the fields. So in the long term if the Council doesn't get money it will be necessary to rise the taxes. At this moment we have enough money to go on, so it isn't a problem right now.
Back to top Go down
Robrecht Samuel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Who want to buy dish?   Who want to buy dish? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 5:25 am

The things that are happening on the market are quite normal actually. What do you see?

There is a shortage of goods on the market, so if you apply simple economics you see that supply is much lower than the demand for goods, so prices will automatically rise. So if we want to lower prices, we need to increase the supply or lower the demand for those goods.

Also there is a problem from people buying goods and reselling them for a higher price. The market will solve this problem, because when the number of producers increase there will always be someone who wants to sell for a lower price and undercut the price of the reseller. The money of the reseller normally is limited, so after a while he will have to lower his prices too. So the gain he will have will decline on the long term.

I'm against laws that prevent the free market from working, because then a black market will appear. For example, I'm prepared to pay more for dishes, because I really want to level up. So if there is a law that sets lower prices, all goods will be sold because of the high demand, so I'm going to contact dish makers and ask to sell the dishes for a higher price to me. This will prevent dishes to come on the market... so it will worsen the situation.

So I see a number of solutions (that may work) for the problem:
  • Increase supply by importing from neighbours (eg. France): possible?
  • Increase supply by intervention of the Town Council by selling products at lower prices (possible problem: shortage of goods)

The idea of the Right Honourable Lord Mayor Rudess is in my opinion a good start, because this will work the consience of people. Also newcomers don't really know prices, so it will be easier.
Back to top Go down
ballantine

PostSubject: Re: Who want to buy dish?   Who want to buy dish? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 6:05 am

I've started to gather mushrooms regularly, and today I bought a basket to increase to amount Smile
Back to top Go down
Logun

PostSubject: Re: Who want to buy dish?   Who want to buy dish? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 7:01 am

Ok guys let me give you an example.

3-4 months ago when the town was a lot more active I was paying 30-35p for a plank of wood.
Now it's 40p generally.

So by that standard the increase is 2.5p a day if we use the 35p price, once for the wood chopper and again for the carpenter.

If I applied the same it would increase a dish 10p!
Catching the game, picking the mushrooms, once for the grapes and once again for the winemaker.

And that's a low price example!

Quote :
The idea of the Right Honourable Lord Mayor Rudess is in my opinion a good start, because this will work the consience of people. Also newcomers don't really know prices, so it will be easier.

So because new citizens don't know the prices we should rip them off?!

I'd like to know more about how the town/council finances work, what expenses there are and how they work - there's nothing in the forums about them so I can see where the Mayor's reasoning is coming from.

All that aside, I'm happy to work with the Town Hall if they can supply a steady stream of materials or as an alternative - trade with other craftsmen so I can get what I need.

Anyone interested in a trade feel free to contact me, I'm always looking for carpentry products, mushrooms and wine.
Back to top Go down
Robrecht Samuel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Who want to buy dish?   Who want to buy dish? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 7:28 am

Euhm not all prices are rising...

In the past I worked as a winemaker, I bought grapes for 1 pound and sold wine for 25 per bottle to the town hall. So at the moment I see that the TH only buys wine for 10 pounds, so not all prices have risen. The highest price on the market for wine is 19 pounds. I also have sold dishes to the TH for 60 pounds, so those prices didn't rise too I think. The former Mayor used a certain scheme to become break-even I think. Also that moment I was the only wine-maker who was producing for the TH and there was a lack of wine...

The reason I said that the idea of prices was a good idea. Newcomers don't really know what price they should ask for a certain good, so if there aren't any goods on the market, they don't know which price is right for a good, so they will pick more randomly...
Back to top Go down
ballantine

PostSubject: Re: Who want to buy dish?   Who want to buy dish? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 5:25 am

Rudess wrote:
The city is selling baskets (pioches) wich are very useful to go picking mushrooms.

Just a little correction mayor: the name of the basket is "panier", the "pioche" is the pickaxe Smile
Back to top Go down
Rudess

PostSubject: Re: Who want to buy dish?   Who want to buy dish? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 2:24 pm

ballantine wrote:
Rudess wrote:
The city is selling baskets (pioches) wich are very useful to go picking mushrooms.

Just a little correction mayor: the name of the basket is "panier", the "pioche" is the pickaxe Smile

Sorry for my mistake. You are completely right
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who want to buy dish?   Who want to buy dish? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who want to buy dish?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
~ !? Divine Rights ?! ~ :: + Middlesex County + :: . London .-
Jump to: