~ !? Divine Rights ?! ~
PLEASE REGISTER ON THE NEW DIINE RIGHTS FORUM:http://droits-divins.foruml.biz/
~ !? Divine Rights ?! ~
PLEASE REGISTER ON THE NEW DIINE RIGHTS FORUM:http://droits-divins.foruml.biz/
~ !? Divine Rights ?! ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ www.droits-divins.com ~

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  FranceFrance  

The Great Hall

Go down 
+15
Emaleigh
Charles
Lilias McPherson
Mcpherson
Alexander
Elise
Ximena
Acc3p7
Oduan
Catherine Stewart
Piero
Ashdown
Eleanor Rose
Rhiannon
Marie-Thérèse
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Oduan

Oduan

The Great Hall - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 5 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 2:23 pm

Oduan meditated on the man's answer before speaking. He made a gesture to the guards who returned to the door.

I'm Oduan de Altuna, High Lord Marshall of Her Majesty's Armies. If you are a nobleborn you maight need to stay here. Normally nobles can almost freely acces to the Palace but due to the turbulent times we are living Whitehall is now under militar curfew for the moment the execution of your detention will be suspended but be sure to keep your manners. So if you choose to stay in this room you won't be allowed to leave the Palace until the curfew is over,. Your choose.
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 5 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 2:30 pm

Charles listened to the man, the situation had obviously gotten quite ugly. He nodded towards the man gave his answer.

I shall stay here and keep my manners, Lord Marshall.

He bowed over his head slightly and waited until something would happen.
Back to top Go down
Lilias McPherson

Lilias McPherson

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 5 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 6:24 pm

Lilias look at Oduan...

Do you really want me to talk about the acc. manners in here Oduan?

I'm talking to the only one who can help me, witch is the Queen. I will told you something I was quite a good person, before acc. "give me some manners", if how to abuse people is one of them.

But his kind of manner could not be told in front of a 6 years old...Uncle Oduan...Queen or not...

So let him apart of that discussion. Oh, and did that men have an official paper telling that he his noble or do you let every body in without paper were the Queen to be can be hurt?

[Edith in green]

Last edited by Lilias McPherson on Sat May 16, 2009 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Catherine Stewart

Catherine Stewart

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 5 EmptySat May 16, 2009 3:16 am

Catherine had maintained her silence while the High Lord Constable, Lilias McPherson and Hon Saint John were talking. She sometimes looked at the very young Queen Elise and felt sorry for her to be witness of such things while she had lost her older sister recently. Catherine listened to Lilias and was actually quite shocked. She broke her own silence and looked at Lilias while she slowly walked towards her.

You have absolutely right, this conversation shouldn't be held in front of this young child. But please, Lilias, I would like to know more about the manners of my future brother in law. If you are willing to, we can have a private conversation later.
Back to top Go down
Lilias McPherson

Lilias McPherson

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 5 EmptySat May 16, 2009 4:06 pm

Lilias look at Catherine and bow in front of her too. In here someone was reasonable at last. Every body was looking at her like she did something wrong. Not even asking the truth or if Lilias really wanted all of that. Speaking in front of the Queen to be was not the better thing to to.

Yes, I will accept it 'cause I do think that you can help me here, with all the things happening and I do think that you are the only one who truly listening at this moment.
Back to top Go down
Elise

Elise

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 5 EmptySun May 17, 2009 1:19 pm

Elise listened to Oduan's explanation of what a regent was, she thought about it for a few minutes and she understood it. But before she could say that she had understand it there was a letter given to Oduan, not much time later the one person after the other entered the throne room. Some of them she had seen before, others she had never seen. A little surprised she looks around. She didn't completely understand what they were talking about something of manners.

What is happening now?
Back to top Go down
Rhiannon

Rhiannon

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 5 EmptyMon May 18, 2009 4:30 am

Rhiannon had received a letter.. a very strange letter.

Hurriedly dressing, she rushed to the palace and the Great Hall. She silently cursed the driver for taking so long to get from the Grey House in London to the palace, but finally she was there.

Settling herself before she entered the Great Hall, she took a deep breath and stepped inside, looking at all those gathered. Something truly odd was afoot indeed.

She approached the throne and gave a deep curtsy to Elise.
"I apologize it took so long for me to get here..." she said, giving a smaller curtsy to Oduan.
Back to top Go down
Oduan

Oduan

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 5 EmptyMon May 18, 2009 2:29 pm

As baroness Grey entered the Hall Oduan gave her a nod.

Good you are here your Ladyieship. And now with Your Majesty's permision I might state the situation clearly, again, so we can advance a little he said turning to Elise before giving the crowd on the room a deep glance Our most beloved Majesty Marie-Thérèse has left us to join Our Lord's glory so the Throne's Heir Elisabeth is to take her legacy and become our Queen. This is clear, and no one will discuss it, won't? Oduan waited for a sec before speaking again.

So Elisabeth might recieve the oath of the Peers, the Duchess of Lennox and Richmond and Baroness Grey, after that she will recieve the oath of the High Council , formed by the Admiral and myself, and finally the oath of the people of England, that will be represented by the mayoress Emaleigh of the Isle. This will make her the Queen of England, Ireland, Soctoland and Wales. Sovereign of the isles and fidei defensor. This can be done here in the Great Hall and I must suggest that in a prove of respect to our passed Queen no any ceremonie is held until sometime has passed. Any comment on this? He took a deep breath before continuing

That leads us to the controversial point. Elisabeth is not old enough to govern on her own so she must appoint a regent who will become High Lord, or Lady, Steward and take a place in the High Council. The claimers for this are, at the moment, two : Lady Catherine Stewart Duchess of Richmond and Lennox highest peer of England and sister of Lord Piero Stewart. In his favor she has her noble seed, the curriculum of service of her brothers and the will of Marie-Thérèse. The other claimant is the so called Lilias McPherson, formerly maid in Acc3p7 de Altuna House and sister of our Oduan coughed ambassador in France, in her favor she showns a letter ascribed to our Queen.

So my princess
Oduan said looking to Elise You might want to choose a regent among those candidates or even propose a third one, as our sovereign that's your prerrogative.

That Regent willo help you to govern the lands of Britain and save them from chaos and anarchy. Be sure that whatever you choose the Army of England will be your guardian, shield and sword.

So if no one opposes should we start with the oaths, might the nobleborn ladies please give it o our Queen, Elisabeth the I of the House of Howard?

Hoping that no one has anything against that way of proceding Oduan waits for the first of the ladies to take their oath by repeating the same oath they once pronunced to Marie-Thérèse.

OOC: Let's move, Britain is waiting....
Back to top Go down
Rhiannon

Rhiannon

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 5 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 3:26 am

Rhiannon nodded, taking the initiative to step forward, her lightly accented voice clear as she spoke, looking at the young Princess, now their Queen... such a sad day for the little girl, her sister dead and the great weight of this responsibility.

She tried to keep her expression kind as she spoke her oath to the young lady.

"I, Rhiannon Eirwen Grey, Baroness Grey, swear allegiance to her Majesty Elisabeth I. I promise her loyalty, respect, aid and advice."
Back to top Go down
Emaleigh

Emaleigh

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 5 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 10:49 am

Emaleigh arrives at the palace as requested. She makes her way to the Great hall and curtsies to the little Queen and the English Marshal. "I am sorry I have delayed your majesty please accept my appologies." Curtsying low she places a hand to her heart and swears her oath the the new Queen.

"On behalf of the people of London,I Emaleigh Maeve of the Isle, Mayoress of London, born free on Britains pleasant hills, clean of any guilt or crime, swear to you Elisabeth Howard Queen of England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales loyalty in the name of the people of London and all the villages, towns and cities of Britain. From this moment we the people recognize you and your descendants as our true sovereign with only the Almighty above you, we will serve you, obey your law and give you assistance and advice.

In the name and under the vigilance of God I give this oath that the people will be bound by. Long live our Queen!"

Back to top Go down
Catherine Stewart

Catherine Stewart

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 5 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 2:06 pm

Catherine smiled as she saw Lilias bowing for her. She still needed to get used to the fact that she had inherited the titles, privileges and conditions of her brother. Catherine had learn not to think about her brother too much. It only leaded to more sorrow.

When the High Lord Constable began to speak, she listened very carefully and nodded from time to time. She continued her silence when the first Lady in Waiting and the mayorness gave their oath to her Majesty. After them, she stepped towards the young Queen and made a deep reverence too.

I, Catherine Stewart, Duchess of Richmond and Lennox, swear allegiance to your Majesty, Elisabeth I of the House of Howard, Queen of England, Schotland and Ireland. I promise her loyalty, respect, aid and advice.
Back to top Go down
Oduan

Oduan

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 5 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 8:59 am

After the Queen had recieved the oaths of the Peers and the People of Britain Oduan made a step to offer her the Oath of the High Council and proclaim her Queen of England

The High Council, highest of the English institutions, proclaims you Elisabeth Howard, Princess of England, Queen of England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland to be known as Elisabeth the Ist. By this we recognice you as the unique and legitimate sovereing of the British Islands and offer you our assitance, aid and advice. May Saint George give you a long and properous reign.

God save the Queen!
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 5 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 6:38 am

Alexander nodds affermative when Oduan speaks. God save the Queen!
Back to top Go down
Elise

Elise

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 5 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 8:41 am

Elise smiles friendly to everyone when they say the oat, it still felt weird to be called queen but she would get used to it in time.

thanks for you loyalty, all of you Smile
I will go to my room now to think about who will become the regent, I ask the members of the high council to come with me
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 5 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 10:08 am

Offcourse Your Highness. Alexander is ready to follow whenever the Queen leaves.
Back to top Go down
Oduan

Oduan

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 5 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 11:04 am

Oduan nod to the Queen and then talked to the people that was standing in the hall

Our Majesty will now take some time to deliberate, feel free to wait here or go anywhere in the Palace premises until she reachs a decision. As soon as the Regent is nominated the curfew on Whitehall will be removed and you will be free to leave.

He made a sign to the soldiers who opened the doors of the Hall and followed the young Queen out of the room
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 5 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 3:25 pm

After quite a while, everyone was again asked to gather in the Great Hall. Alexander made his way inside and sought for everyone's attention. I thank you all for being so patient. Our Majesty has made her decision, so if you would give her your attention, then she will announce her decision. Alexander steps aside to let the Queen speak in front of everyone.
Back to top Go down
Elise

Elise

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 5 EmptyFri May 22, 2009 12:40 pm

Elise enters the great hall after Alexander and waits until he finished speaking. She looks around one more time and announces the decision

The decision is made, Catherine will be the new regent
Back to top Go down
Catherine Stewart

Catherine Stewart

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 5 EmptyFri May 22, 2009 3:18 pm

Catherine had waited in the Great Hall with the others who were there. When she finally saw the High Lord Constable and the Lord High Admiral coming back, followed by the Queen. Catherine made a small reverence for the Queen. As she heard the final decision, she looked towards the High Lord Constable. It wasn't only a member of the High Council to her: it was her fiancee too. Catherine smiled to the Queen and made another reverence.

I'm gratefull that Your Majesty has chosen me for the regency of your kingdoms. I won't disappoint you.

Catherine raised up again and now looked towards Oduan. She felt happy for being chosen, but also a bit scared for the things she had to do now.
Back to top Go down
Oduan

Oduan

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 5 EmptyFri May 22, 2009 7:24 pm

Oduan noded when hearing the Queen's decision. He hoped that Catherine will do her best to improve the state of the kingdom. He smiled briefly to her before handing some documents to the young Queen

My sovereign to make you decision oficial I may ask you to put your royal sign and your mark on this documents.

Queen wrote:
Quote :

[list]The Great Hall - Page 5 Royangle1

At this day, the twenty 21st day of May of the year 1649,
At the Palace of Whitehall.

We, Her Royal Majesty the Queen of England, Scotland and Ireland, Elisabeth the first of England,
To you, nobles and people of our kingdoms.

We have decided the compositon of Our Royal Council that will help Us in the governement of the lands of England, Scotland and Ireland. We appoint Her Grace Lady Catherine Stewart Duchess of Richmond and Lennox to the position of High Lady Steward. We also confirm Alexander Castelmount as High Lord Admiral and His Excellence Oduan de Altuna as High Lord Constable.

They will keep those positions as long as they had Our trust and they acomplish their functions in the adecuate manner.

By the Grace of God,

Queen wrote:
Quote :

The Great Hall - Page 5 Royangle1

We, Her Royal Majesty the Queen of England, Scotland and Ireland, Elisabeth the first of England,

We have decided that due to Our short age we should appoint a Regent who will governate in our name and take care of the everyday bussiness of Our Kingdom. This is an enormous responsability that We have decided to put on the shoulders of Lady Catherine Stewart.

The exact functions and powers of the Regency will be defined in a law that will be soon passed.

Might Our Lord help Lady Catherine and the High Council in their task.

By the Grace of God,

Her Majesty Elisabeth I of England, Queen of England, Scotland and Ireland.
    The Great Hall - Page 5 Jaune10

[/quote]

We , the High Council, are sure that Lady Catherine will not fail at the tasks that await for her. Being the most urgent the need to appoint a new Count for Middlesex, to set on working the house of the Commons, to provide the Church of England with a new clergy and fixing the Kingdoms Heraldry.

For my part I must state that the curfew on Whitehall and the city of London is to be considered non existing from the present moment. Ladies, gentlemen and commoners that are now on Palace are free to stay or go.

He turned to the Queen awaiting any sign
Back to top Go down
Lilias McPherson

Lilias McPherson

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 5 EmptyFri May 22, 2009 8:42 pm

Lilias was trying to concentrate on what the people was saying, but only one thing for now was taking all her attention... The strange and intensive hurt of her belly. Yes someone was taking the place and hopefully, she will not have to do the work...

I'm happy for you Catherine.Oduan, just one think I remember you, even if you don't want...I'm a duchess recognize now... So don't even say that I'm you're brother maid anymore.You can say by the way I'm the one you're brother force to have a child from him... God have his soul'cause he's attack, by the plague...I did forgive him, he was drunk...

Then she turn white again, the baby was hurting she took some breath then say.

I need to go and take some rest now.

Long live to the young queen.

Then she walk trough the door.

Last edited by Lilias McPherson on Sat May 23, 2009 10:17 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 5 EmptySat May 23, 2009 2:20 am

Everything was fine untill Alexander heared Lilias speaking about the brother of his fellow Councillor. You can say by the way I'm the one you're brother force to have a child from him... God have his soul,'cause he's dead from the plague...I did forgive him, he was drunk...

It didn't take him long to take hold of his sword, but by the time he could draw it, the woman was already leaving. He murmers something in her direction, unhearable for her though. She can be very happy that she is a woman and pregnant, because I doubt her title would have stopped a sword. He released his sword and looked towards Catherine, to see her reaction about this. In every case, these statements wouldn't go unpunished, it was a direct insult against the family of a collegue.

Last edited by Alexander on Sat May 23, 2009 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Oduan

Oduan

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 5 EmptySat May 23, 2009 4:40 am

Oduan looked angry at Alexander. If he was controling his anger Alexander was supposed to. Lilias was a nuisance that should be taken care later.

Put down that sword Admiral and behave according to your function. If there is something to be taken care with Lilias it will be dealed by the families... in private. He turned to the people in the hall The audience is over
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 5 EmptySat May 23, 2009 4:46 am

Alexander looked over to Oduan with a suprised face. Put down what sword, Constable? I was just feeling if it was still there, nothing wrong with that.

And if you now excuse me, I have some private affairs that have to be made public...
Alexander smiled at oduan and turned to the fresh appointed Regent Catherine. Unless you still have need of me here, Regent?
Back to top Go down
Elise

Elise

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 5 EmptySat May 23, 2009 9:34 am

Elise takes the documents oduan gives her and signs them.
Quote :

We have decided the compositon of Our Royal Council that will help Us in the governement of the lands of England, Scotland and Ireland. We appoint Her Grace Lady Catherine Stewart Duchess of Richmond and Lennox to the position of High Lady Steward. We also confirm Alexander Castelmount as High Lord Admiral and His Excellence Oduan de Altuna as High Lord Constable.

They will keep those positions as long as they had Our trust and they acomplish their functions in the adecuate manner.

By the Grace of God,

[/quote]

Quote :

We have decided that due to Our short age we should appoint a Regent who will governate in our name and take care of the everyday bussiness of Our Kingdom. This is an enormous responsability that We have decided to put on the shoulders of Lady Catherine Stewart.

The exact functions and powers of the Regency will be defined in a law that will be soon passed.

Might Our Lord help Lady Catherine and the High Council in their task.

By the Grace of God,

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Great Hall
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next