~ !? Divine Rights ?! ~
PLEASE REGISTER ON THE NEW DIINE RIGHTS FORUM:http://droits-divins.foruml.biz/
~ !? Divine Rights ?! ~
PLEASE REGISTER ON THE NEW DIINE RIGHTS FORUM:http://droits-divins.foruml.biz/
~ !? Divine Rights ?! ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ www.droits-divins.com ~

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  FranceFrance  

The Great Hall

Go down 
+15
Emaleigh
Charles
Lilias McPherson
Mcpherson
Alexander
Elise
Ximena
Acc3p7
Oduan
Catherine Stewart
Piero
Ashdown
Eleanor Rose
Rhiannon
Marie-Thérèse
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhiannon

Rhiannon

The Great Hall - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 3:20 am

Rhi watched, her heart fluttering slightly in her chest as she watched Henry accept the position. It was suited to him, and she was so glad that it would enable them more time together... living apart was simply impossible with the way their marriage was.

She saw his slight glance, and she met his eyes for a brief instant, her smile beaming and genuine.. full of pride and love for her husband as he bowed before the Queen in acceptance of her offer.
Back to top Go down
Piero

Piero

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 2:35 pm

The Duke, coming from the gates of Whitehall, with his sister, crossed the rib vaults and enormous white columns where the Court of England gathered to gossip, plot between themselves, discuss politics... towards the Great Hall, where the Queen received her guests and held audiences.

He nodded to some acquaintances as he made his way towards the place, as he also noticed some looking curiously at the woman who accompanied him. The Stewart couldn't hold a small smile that crossed his face, proud of his sister. Soon, they reached the Great Hall, where he talked to a herald who then went to the Queen.

Excuse me, Your Majesty... His Grace, the Duke of Richmond has arrived with his sister, Lady Catherine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.droits-divins.com/en
Catherine Stewart

Catherine Stewart

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 2:56 pm

Catherine still kept her silence while she walked next to her brother. She knew the nobles had already spotted her and therefore she smiled at them and bowed her head sometimes, to show her respect towards them. She also smiled at Piero while they reached the place where she would meet the Queen in person. While her brother went to a herald, Catherine looked around in the Great Hall, which was beyond her imagination. She felt privilaged that she had access to this enormous Hall.
Back to top Go down
Marie-Thérèse

Marie-Thérèse

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 5:33 pm

The Queen smiled again to Rhiannon, glad that she did something that made her happy. She just wanted to start with discussion some conditions and rules when suddenly the doors of the Great Hall opened. What was did? Had she not ordered to let her alone with her First Lady-in-waiting and Sir Henry? She looked at the visitors, or maybe intruders was a better word, to see who they were. It was Piero and a younger woman, maybe he had found a wife? Anyway, she sighed and stood up. It was just Piero...

Welcome, Richmond. I was just in the middle of discussing something with Lady and Sir Grey. I had ordered to let us alone but apparently some of the guards need a lesson in discipline.
Back to top Go down
Rhiannon

Rhiannon

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 8:38 pm

Rhi stepped quietly to the Queen's side, speaking softly so only the Queen could hear her. "If you wish, your Majesty, perhaps Henry could go and begin getting acquainted with the Palace and the Guard? Perhaps a letter later over his positions responsibilities would be more time-efficient? I am sure we do not wish to take your time away from whatever His Grace needs... "

She did not like that they had been interrupted, but she was not about to ask for the Duke to be sent away, so she tried to think of a possibility that would fit all parties involved.
Back to top Go down
Marie-Thérèse

Marie-Thérèse

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 10:44 am

Suddenly a voice whispered in the ear of the Queen. She responded, turning her head a little bit to Rhiannon.

You are right, I shall speak to him later about all of this. Maybe in the mean time, while I am talking to his Grace, you could give him a tour in the Palace?

She smiled, hoping that her First Lady-in-waiting would accept the offer gladly.

You can stay with him until this evening, then I shall call for you. And ow yes, he doesn't have permission to come in my lodgings, nor in yours or the lodgings of the other Ladies.
Back to top Go down
Piero

Piero

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 2:20 pm

The Duke smiled as the Queen stood up and as soon as she greeted him, he bowed to her, indicating to Catherine to do the same. Did he choose a bad time to present his sister to Her Majesty? Piero waited for the Queen to finish speaking with Lady Grey.

Your Majesty, thank you for allowing me this audience. I come here to formally present to Your Royal Majesty my younger sister, Lady Catherine Stewart, who has just returned from Normandy., said him, presenting the young woman.

Piero then, looked around with his eyes, observing the desert Hall. Only some guards stood around... the Coat of Arms of the Queen, on a flag, just behind the throne, as well as older ones, from the time of Henry VIII. Armors at sides, as if empty, they guarded the Great Hall.

Also, Your Majesty, the Headquarters of the Royal Army are once again operational in Middlesex, as I believe this if of Your Majesty's interest.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Stewart

Catherine Stewart

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 2:48 pm

Catherine followed the little conversation between her brother and the Queen, as she had already bowed to the Queen the moment her brother did the same. As she had realised the Great Hall was nearly empty, she felt a little more comfortable. Catherine did not know what to say, so she decided to maintain her silence.
Back to top Go down
Rhiannon

Rhiannon

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 6:58 pm

"Of course, thank you Your Majesty."

She curtsied to the Queen, and Henry bowed, and the two quietly left the hall, leaving the Queen with the Duke. When they were out of view of the guards, Henry swept her into a hug and a kiss, both of them happy at how things had turned out.
Back to top Go down
Marie-Thérèse

Marie-Thérèse

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 9:37 am

Marie-Therese's eyes followed her First Lady-in-waiting walking out the Great Hall, together with her husband. Pleased by the happiness of Rhiannon and sir Henry, the Queen smiled towards Piero and the young girl. She was beautifull, and she looked like her brother. She remembered the oldest brother of the Stewart family, may he rest in peace, and recalled that it was a beautiful man too. Apparently beauteousness was a gift that the Stewarts possessed, because Piero was not ugly at all.

Welcome again, Sir Piero. I'm indeed pleased by your news about the army, it truly was the right choice to name you Lord Constable. I hope that the recruitment goes quickly too.

The Queen then looked at the girl next to the Duke again and spoke to her;

I welcome you in Whitehall, lady Catherine. I hope you have had a good and comfortable journey coming here, but having such a great brother, that would have been no problem at all I think. Did you like it in Normandy, or were the French just boring and unpleasant, as they seem to be according the rumours.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Stewart

Catherine Stewart

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 2:49 pm

Catherine made sure she wasn't looking directly at the Queen. She tried to focuse on the floor, but as it wasn't that effective at all, she decided to look at her own dress.

Thank you, Your Majesty. Yes, indeed, my brother is wonderful.

She smiled a bit and looked at her brother now. She started to feel more comfortable.

Actually, living in Normandy wasn't that boring at all. Maybe it's because I lived with a priest who is originally an englishman. I rarely spoke to a Frenchman. Although I have lost many relatives here in England, I'm glad to be back. I.. I am honoured to be here.

Catherine now looked at the Queen directly and immediately realised she had made a terrible mistake. She bowed her head agin and decided to wait if the Queen had noticed.
Back to top Go down
Marie-Thérèse

Marie-Thérèse

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 2:26 am

The Queen laughed when she saw that the girl didn't dare to look at her. The few guests in the Hall looked up to see why the Queen was laughing and some of them joined her, hoping that she would notice them. With a smile on her face, Marie-Thérèse leaned forward at her throne and looked at the young girl.

Dear, am I so hideous that you do not dare to look at me? Or is it just you who is to shy?
Back to top Go down
Catherine Stewart

Catherine Stewart

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 9:15 am

As Catherine listened to the Queen, she began to blush incredibly. What was she doing wrong? The only 17-year-old girl wasn't that sure about her behaviour anymore. Although her brother had instructed her not to look at the Queen directly, she now looked the Queen in the eyes and smiled, as she thought the Queen would like this more. As Catherine was now convinced she is able to behave naturally and respectfull at the same time, her blushing stopped more and more.

You are the opposit of hideousness, Your Majesty. Although I haven't had the privilige to meet a Queen or King before, I am not shy.. It's just that my brother instructed me that I wasn't suppose to look at Your Majesty directly.
Back to top Go down
Marie-Thérèse

Marie-Thérèse

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 12:39 pm

The Queen looked at Piero with a smile on her face. She liked people who were polite, especially those of lower ranks, but the sister of Piero? Piero was a good friend of her, maybe even the closest friend she ever had. She knew that his loyalty was absolute, and she was extremely grateful for having so loyal a man serving her.

Is that so? Well, I'm glad that Piero teaches you some good manners. How do you like the 'new' England? Is it a big change compared with what it was before you left it?
Back to top Go down
Catherine Stewart

Catherine Stewart

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 1:37 pm

I'm afraid that I do not remember many things about the 'old' England, Your Majesty, since I was only twelve years old when I fled to Normandy.

Cahterine bowed her head respectfully and then smiled again at the Queen. She had told the truth: she hardly remembered anything about England itself before her time in exile. She only remembered Cobham Hall, since she had spent most of her youth there.
Back to top Go down
Piero

Piero

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 3:20 pm

Piero stood at his sister's side, quiet, observing the two women speaking. The Duke was a reserved man, who had been taught by his older brother to "listen much, speak little", when he was sent to study in the Continent and followed James's advice, learning much.

His eyes met with those of the Queen, who smiled at him, and the Stewart also gave a small, shy smile and then, looked at his sister. Catherine made him proud to be her brother. The fact was that although she didn't remember much of the old England, Piero did. All those moments of happiness, despair, joy and sadness which filled his life when his only desire was to marry Lady Gabrielle and after her death... but he had surpassed it, and changed.

That war, for which they all lost something, turned out to create a column of power and strenght for a new England, which was starting to flourish again.
Back to top Go down
Marie-Thérèse

Marie-Thérèse

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 12:53 pm

The Queen fold her hands.

Well, I'm sure that you're in good hands with your brother. You're welcome to stay here, in the Palace, for some time. Until you want to go back to your home.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Stewart

Catherine Stewart

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 2:57 pm

Catherine was very surprised when she heared the Queen. She almost began to stare at the Queen, but then realised she shouldn't make mistakes now. Catherine looked at her brother and then to the Queen again.

Staying here? In the palace? I.. I feel most privilaged.. but.. I'm just a Lady, because my father was a Duke.

Catherine looked at her brother again. Maybe he had forgotten to tell her more about the rules in court? She did not know anything about staying at the palace.
Back to top Go down
Marie-Thérèse

Marie-Thérèse

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 8:39 am

Yes, you are the sisiter of Piero. You can stay here as long as you want.

She smiled to the girl and then to Piero.

I must now request you both to leave the Hall, appearantly there are others who want to speak me as quickly as possible.
Back to top Go down
Piero

Piero

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 2:00 pm

I understand, Your Majesty. Thank you very much for this audience., said the Duke, making a reverence. Then, he waited for his sister to leave the Hall.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Stewart

Catherine Stewart

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 4:15 pm

Catherine bowed again towards the Queen and then stepped next to her brother again. She smiled at him and let him leading her out of the Great Hall.
Back to top Go down
Oduan

Oduan

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 9:15 am

After long hours spend on waiting the Altuna's brothers were finally allowed entrance inside the Great Hall. Oduan opened the march closely followed by his younger brother Acc3p7. For a second their path crossed with the Stewart and the two young man performed the military salute to his Excellence the high lord constable, but as Acc's eyes stayed focused on their way Oduan wasted a moment on regardin the beautiful face of the young Lady that walked beside the Duke.

The power of England was reflected in the majestuosity of those walls, the elegance of the paintings and the shine of the marble floors. But no material wonder could compare to the sight of Her Gracious Majesty Marie- Thérèse the First, Queen of England, Scotland and Ireland, defender of the Faith.

As the brothers bowed they could feel Her Majesty's brown eyes upon them. In silence they waited to be given permision to speak.
Back to top Go down
Marie-Thérèse

Marie-Thérèse

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 9:57 am

The Queen sighed when two men came in again. This was going on for the whole day already, would she never have rest? She looked at the two men closer while they were walking toward her. They were rather handsome, different than the men she used to see in England and at the Court. They looked of Spanish origin… Could they be the new Spanish ambassadors? If so she had not been warned about their coming. She leaned a bit backwards in her throne, examinating the two young men.
Eventually they bowed, as usual, and waited her permission to talk. While making a sign with her hand she talked;

I welcome you in Whitehall. Please tell me your name, or at least be so kind to tell my the reason of your coming here.
Back to top Go down
Acc3p7

Acc3p7

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 11:44 am

Acc3p7 looked to the Queen and to his brother. He had waited lot of time before entering the Great Hall, but he was an Altuna and an Altuna never fears. Their petitions were fair and the Queen was a woman of honor, there was nothing to fear.

He waited for his brother to speak
Back to top Go down
Oduan

Oduan

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 12:11 pm

Oduan raised his head. He tried to control his breath, to stay focused. "Fear is more dangerous than swords" repeated for himself. He stared directly on the Queen's mahogany eyes.

Your most Gracious Majesty, Queen of England Scotland and Ireland, Fidei defensor those who today vow in front of you are Acc3p7 de Altuna he made a discret and fluid movement towards the young man beside him and myself Oduan de Altuna. We present to your Highness to ask for a privilege and a mercy.

The sound of whispers crossed the hall for a few seconds as Oduan waited for his words do deploy full efect. Then he started again to speak

The mercy we ask you, sovereign of Albion, is to have our birth rights recongnized, to be allowed to bear our coats of arms and to be called by our legitimate titles. The privlige we ask your Majesty to grant us is to serve your highness with our swords, our minds and if it's needed our lives.

Then Oduan waited for the Queen's response
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Great Hall
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next